Each year, University of Wisconsin campuses welcome thousands of new students from across the U.S. and around the world. Admission policies vary by type of student, and you can start by finding specific admission information whether you’re a new freshman, transfer, reentry, special, graduate or international student.
- Freshman If you're a high school student, or have not attended college since graduating from high school.
- Transfer If you graduated from high school, enrolled in college, and now hope to attend a UW System campus where you have not previously enrolled.
- Reentry If you previously attended a UW System campus as a degree-seeking student and now want to reenter the same campus after an absence of one or more semesters.
- International If you are a non-U.S. student.
- Graduate If you want to enroll and earn a graduate degree.
- Special If you want to enroll as a non-degree-seeking student without being formally admitted.